Image Credit: Shutterstock Highlight
Creativity and quality in every sip allow select industry players to present some unique blends in beverage trends
As the worlds most popular beverages, coffee and tea have been around for ages and will continue to be in demand may be with a bit of fading and flowing in their popularity. The pandemic and ensuing economic downturn have been brutal for most people, but in these anxious times the beverages have proved a nice respite to bad days and continue to be a regular part of their routine.
You cant deny that coffee or tea has been an escape from anxious times at least once in a persons lifetime. Yes it has been an absolute respite, says Armenian expat, Diana Arutiunian, who is an EMS personal trainer. It didnt solve my problems, but it does help me relax and improve my focus.
- Diana Arutiunian, EMS personal trainer
Avid coffee buff, Melanie Williams, a South African communications professional, swears by it. Coffee always relaxes me, she says.
The fondness for the beverages will show no signs of ebbing, but that doesnt mean that coffee or tea cant be seen through a new filter. And tea and coffee companies trying to give their products a little jolt to hold on to loyal customers, while attracting new ones, would be a wise move looking at the opportunities the drinks could bring to their concepts. Connoisseurship for tea and coffee has increased as people spend more time indoors and can be a great way for brands to innovate in a post-pandemic environment. It gives customers a reason to try their products, providing its not just a regular, drab cup.
- Olga Kolotilina, CEO, TeaLand
Yes, connoisseurship has definitely increased, says Olga Kolotilina, CEO, TeaLand. There are a few factors supporting this tendency: staying longer indoors; more information available; more online stores with deliveries available; increasing number of health conscious people, and healthier lifestyle followers. As awareness climbs up, better quality, genuine teas become more in demand.
Nirmal Sethia, Founder and Chairman of Newby Teas, says the taste for good quality tea has increased not only because people are spending more time indoors but also to increase immunity. With digital media, advancement in information technology, medical research and social media, the truth about tea and its history are being exposed, says Sethia. People want and are searching for variety and better quality of tea, and some teas do not reveal the complete nutritional values i.e. antioxidants, flavonoids and low fluoride. It took nearly 200 years to hide the truth and market the falsehood, based on increased demand and decreased production of quality tea. Time is coming when the truth and merit of tea is exposed through history, art and culture.
Innovation is vital
Just because the beverage has been around forever doesnt mean there isnt an opportunity to try new things. With tea there is always room for innovation and top brands are adding a creative flair to their offerings.
Newby Teas is focusing on unearthing the treasure (character) of tea and its quality through the concept of preservation and exposing the negative effects of tea presently being falsely marketed. Innovation has to come through enhancing the character and quality of tea and not promoting poor tea in fancy packaging, which is medically harmful for people, especially for children, women and the elderly, says Sethia.
- Nirmal Sethia, Founder and Chairman of Newby Teas
Unusual flavours are the biggest trends and Tealand has included tea flavours such as chocolate and mint; and coffee. Our Energy and Focus line would suggest purely natural power drinks based on matcha powdered green tea and ginseng, says Kolotilina. On elegant, graceful side there would be a Blue flower (Butterfly Pea Tree) tea both in dry flower and powder form that give mesmerising blue/turquoise palette to your cup.
Tania Lodi, Founder and Owner of Tanias Teahouse, says her brands creative flair is stepping away from general, over-done flavours such as a simply earl grey, a basic masala chai, green, or black tea. We have flavours such as cookie dough, cherry cheesecake, market medley (which has tomato and cucumber!), says Lodi. Weve brought a fun and exciting twist that challenges all customers who claim they arent tea drinkers, in a way that encourages health benefits while still managing to have zero artificial ingredients and tea leaves that are ethically sourced.
- Tania Lodi, Founder and Owner, Tanias Teahouse
Health and nutrition are a priority for consumers looking to boost their immunity, and tea or coffee brands are innovating to support those goals.
While black tea or coffee offer only a handful of calories, adding milk, flavouring, and sugar can increase a coffees calorie count pretty quickly. Peoples search for healthy choices also boils down to cutting calories and adding taste without sugar. I mostly prefer making my own coffee, but when I am ordering I have coffee without milk and sugar, says Arutiunian.
If youre going to add milk or nut milk to your coffee (whether to coat your stomach or add flavour), coffee buffs take the opportunity to give their beverage a nutritional boost! I used to have low fat milk, but have now switched to almond or coconut milk, says Williams.
People also want to know the origins of the products they buy as well as the nature in which they are produced, and providing an ethical background and full transparency is important. A full ingredients list is also important, especially when it comes to tea, where many brands include harsh artificial colourings and non-natural ingredients, says Lodi. People want pure, organic ingredients that are good for their body.
- Melanie Williams, Communications professional
Delivery, carryout, and drive-through gave cafs and teahouses a lifeline throughout the pandemic, and Tanias Teahouse had to respond to this shift by getting more creative with its services. We coined the term quarantine cookies and immune-tea kits, reveals Lodi. Our cookies went viral with slogans such as wash your hands, stay safe, etc, and our tea kits feature the most immunity-boosting properties.
The pandemic forced people to cut down on expenses, but one thing is certain: Coffee or tea likely wont end up getting squeezed out of consumers budgets. They might not buy a new car or go on a vacation, but they will pony up for coffee.
I did not need to cut back at all but I looked for less expensive brands and deals, says Williams.
Arutiunian adds: I dont think people have to economise for good quality coffee.
Read the original:
Brewed with innovation | Lifestyle Gulf News - Gulf News
- Dr. Machida of Second to Creation Awarded Castle Connolly Top Doctor - Digital Journal - May 15th, 2022
- Why Male Clients of This Luxury London Skin Care Clinic Just Love Anti-Wrinkle Treatment - Digital Journal - May 15th, 2022
- More than meets the eye - The New Indian Express - May 1st, 2022
- Is gout reversible? Treatment, management, and more - Medical News Today - May 1st, 2022
- "He sold me a fairytale to fill his own pockets": The horror reality of botched breast implants. - Mamamia - April 18th, 2022
- The Evolution of Looks and Expectations of Asian Eyelid ... - January 21st, 2022
- Expanding Treatment Options for Myasthenia Gravis: Why... : Neurology Today - LWW Journals - January 21st, 2022
- Eyelid Spasms (Eye Twitching or Eye Twitch) | Kellogg Eye ... - January 21st, 2022
- Squints is saved, with help from Animal Shelter Foundation - Tallahassee.com - November 25th, 2021
- The Best Tear Trough and Under-Eye Filler | Dr. Brett ... - November 10th, 2021
- Monolid Eyes: Why They Are Beautiful and More - November 10th, 2021
- Home Page: Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - November 10th, 2021
- Dr. Luis Macias and Aesthetic MdR Named Top Plastic Surgeon, Best Surgery Center and Best MediSpa - Business Wire - November 10th, 2021
- Allergan Aesthetics | An AbbVie Company - November 10th, 2021
- Ocular Therapeutix Reports Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Business Update - Business Wire - November 10th, 2021
- FDA Approves Xipere Eye Injection from Bausch and Clearside - InvisionMag - October 30th, 2021
- Aesthetic plastic surgery practice offers the first and only FDA-approved injectable for cellulite - WIBW - October 30th, 2021
- Know the Symptoms of Thyroid or Graves Eye Disease - AARP - October 18th, 2021
- FDA Approves Dextenza for Use in Patients With Ocular Itching Associated With Allergic Conjunctivitis - Pharmacy Times - October 18th, 2021
- Plastic surgeon to celebrities explains every tool she uses - Insider - October 6th, 2021
- BMP4 and inflammation cytokines | JIR - Dove Medical Press - August 21st, 2021
- Dysport 101: Everything to Know About the Fast-Acting Neurotoxin - NewBeauty Magazine - August 21st, 2021
- Elise Hu: The Beauty Ideal - KUAR - August 21st, 2021
- Al Ain's hospital achieves another milestone after performing complex brainstem operation - Gulf Today - June 29th, 2021
- Intense pulse and LLL therapy in meibomian gland dysfunction | OPTH - Dove Medical Press - June 29th, 2021
- Im A Neuro-Ophthalmologist: Here Are 5 Ways To Support Your Eye & Brain Health - mindbodygreen.com - June 12th, 2021
- I Used Makeup to Hide My Asianness Here's Why I Don't Anymore - POPSUGAR Beauty Austrailia - May 31st, 2021
- From ancient Egypt to Beverly Hills: A brief history of plastic surgery - CNN - May 31st, 2021
- How I Learned to Love My Monolids - Vogue - May 31st, 2021
- Plastic Surgery was Buoyed by the Zoom Boom but the End of Social Distancing Offers Patients a New Incentive to Get Started on Procedures, says Dr. J... - May 19th, 2021
- Is Fat Transfer the Future of Anti-Aging? This Expert Says Yes - NewBeauty Magazine - April 22nd, 2021
- The art of gifting tea | Lifestyle Gulf News - Gulf News - April 5th, 2021
- Podcast: In the AI of the Beholder - MIT Technology Review - April 5th, 2021
- 6 Things You Should Know Before Getting Double Eyelid ... - March 9th, 2021
- Why does Yesung need surgery? Worried fans say Super Junior with you hurt isnt what we want before comeback - MEAWW - February 10th, 2021
- Beauty standards are rooted in whiteness | Opinion | dailytitan.com - The Daily Titan - February 10th, 2021
- Eyelid - Wikipedia - February 1st, 2021
- Surgery for Double Vision in Adults | NYU Langone Health - February 1st, 2021
- Double Vision Causes, Tests, Treatment & Symptoms - February 1st, 2021
- Eye Muscle Surgery - procedure, recovery, blood, pain ... - February 1st, 2021
- Perfect Eyes Ltd | London's Leading Cosmetic Eye Surgeon - February 1st, 2021
- What to Expect After Strabismus (Eye Muscle) Surgery ... - February 1st, 2021
- Plastic Surgery Trends According to Two NYC Experts - DuJour - dujour.com - February 1st, 2021
- These are the Prettiest Idols with Monolid and Double-Eyelids, According to a Plastic Surgeon - Kpopstarz - January 23rd, 2021
- Natural, needle or the knife? How stars from J-Lo to Katie Price got their looks - SamfordCrimson News - The Samford Crimson - January 22nd, 2021
- Here's Everything You Should Know About The K-Pop World - Man's World India - December 28th, 2020
- Expert in Asian Eyelid Surgery Now Operating in Southern California at WAVE Plastic Surgery - PR Web - December 22nd, 2020
- Sharp rise in surgery for dog bites with 3,000 people needing surgery last year - Daily Express - December 21st, 2020
- Types of Double Eyelid Surgery (Don't be Fooled when choosing) - December 13th, 2020
- Plastic Surgery in the Age of the Pandemic: Heres Why Its on the Rise - Vogue.com - December 3rd, 2020
- Update on the latest sports - Newscenter1.tv - November 28th, 2020
- Latest in sports - The Advocate - November 28th, 2020
- BlackRock Throgmorton Trust Plc - Total Voting Rights - Yahoo Finance UK - November 26th, 2020
- Skipping cross the creek - Mount Airy News - November 22nd, 2020
- Double Eyelid: Surgical & Nonsurgical Options, Pictures ... - November 2nd, 2020
- Heres What Idols Go Through When They Get Double Eyelid ... - November 2nd, 2020
- 'You might think the 'fox eye' look is just a beauty trend. This is why it's so triggering.' - Mamamia - October 31st, 2020
- You look Familiar Instagram Face and the De-racialization of Beauty - SWAAY - October 30th, 2020
- World Series 2020: How the Dodgers built their NL champion roster through trades, free agency and the draft - CBS Sports - October 21st, 2020
- East Asian blepharoplasty - Wikipedia - October 2nd, 2020
- The Dark History Behind Double-Eyelid Surgery - October 2nd, 2020
- How Much Does Double Eyelid Surgery (Asian Blepharoplasty ... - September 12th, 2020
- Potential Positive Readout Of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals' Phase 2/3 AUDREY Trial Could Bring Best-In-Class Eye Drops For Dry Eye Syndrome - Seeking Alpha - September 9th, 2020
- PSA: Be Extra Careful When Youre Trying To Open A Vacuum Flask That Is Feeling Uncommonly Tight - The Rakyat Post - August 21st, 2020
- The 'fox eye' beauty trend continues to spread online. But critics insist it's racist - NewsDio - August 18th, 2020
- For black lives to matter, all looks must matter - The Times of India Blog - August 17th, 2020
- The 'fox eye' beauty trend continues to spread online. But critics insist it's racist - CNN - August 12th, 2020
- Covid19 Impact on Asia Pacific Aesthetics Market 2020- Global Trends and Regional Forecast to 2023 - 3rd Watch News - July 15th, 2020
- Fans rally behind Grace Chow and her surgical scars - The Star Online - July 15th, 2020
- The Dark Side of K-Pop Was What Drew Me to the Genre - Allure - April 21st, 2020