- Post-hoc analysis demonstrates sustained improvement of static glabellar lines with repeated treatment of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection
- Results suggest that the extended duration of therapeutic benefit with DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection can produce dermal remodeling due to the prolonged period of muscle inactivity
NASHVILLE, Tenn., September 01, 2021--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Revance Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: RVNC) a biotechnology company focused on innovative aesthetic and therapeutic offerings, today announced the publication of results from an evaluation of the progressive effects on static or resting glabellar lines with the repeated treatment of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection in Dermatologic Surgery, the official journal of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS). The peer-reviewed publication reported efficacy data from a post-hoc analysis of the SAKURA Phase 3 clinical program that demonstrated significant, progressive improvement in static glabellar lines with repeated treatment of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection.
"The data published in Dermatologic Surgery showed a substantial reduction in static glabellar lines and, despite subjects being required to return to baseline dynamic line severity between treatments, the improvement in static lines in subjects increased with repeated treatments," said Conor Gallagher, Vice President of Medical Affairs at Revance. "The results seem to indicate that the extended duration of reduction in dynamic glabellar lines following treatment with DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection allows greater time for remodeling of static, etched-in lines due to the prolonged period of muscle inactivity."
The post-hoc analysis included 568 subjects with moderate or severe dynamic glabellar lines who were treated with three cycles of 40U of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection in the SAKURA clinical program. Glabellar line severity at rest and at maximum frown was assessed by investigators using the Investigator Global Assessment-Frown Winkle Severity (IGA-FWS) scale and by subjects using the Patient Frown Wrinkle Severity (PFWS) scale. Subjects were required to return to baseline dynamic line severity before each retreatment.
The results showed rapid and sustained improvement in static glabellar line severity following repeated treatment with DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection. Improvements in static glabellar lines were achieved within 2 to 4 weeks following the first DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection treatment cycle and remained greater than baseline over 24 weeks of follow-up after treatment cycles 1 and 2. Further, amongst all subjects the proportion with no static glabellar lines had increased to more than 70% at 4 weeks after their third treatment cycle of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection.
Additional results included:
In those subjects with at least mild static lines at baseline, complete elimination of those lines was achieved in 54.4% subjects 4 weeks after the first treatment with DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection and further increased to 66.5% and 69.7% 4 weeks after treatment cycle 2 and 3 respectively.
An incremental improvement in mean resting line severity was observed with each treatment cycle with DaxibotulinumtoxinA for injection, despite a requirement that subjects return to baseline dynamic line severity between treatment cycles.
The SAKURA Phase 3 clinical program is the largest ever Phase 3 clinical program conducted for glabellar lines and included two pivotal trials - SAKURA 1 and SAKURA 2 - and an open-label study, SAKURA 3. The SAKURA clinical program demonstrated that DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection was safe, generally well tolerated and achieved clinically significant improvement in glabellar lines with long-lasting results and high patient satisfaction. In patients treated with DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection, the median time to return to moderate or severe dynamic glabellar line severity was 24 weeks. The most common treatment- related AEs were headache, injection site pain and injection site erythema. The most common treatment-related adverse events were headache (in 6% of the subjects) followed by eyelid ptosis (2%) and facial paresis (1%).
Revance has evaluated this neuromodulator formulation in other phase 2 clinical studies in aesthetics including the full upper face, forehead lines and crows feet as well as in therapeutic indications, including cervical dystonia and upper limb spasticity.
Revance is a biotechnology company focused on innovative aesthetic and therapeutic offerings, including its next-generation neuromodulator product, DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection. DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection combines a proprietary stabilizing peptide excipient with a highly purified botulinum toxin that does not contain human or animal-based components. Revance has successfully completed a Phase 3 program for DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection in glabellar (frown) lines and is pursuing U.S. regulatory approval. Revance is also evaluating DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection in the full upper face, including glabellar lines, forehead lines and crow's feet, as well as in two therapeutic indications - cervical dystonia and adult upper limb spasticity. To accompany DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection, Revance owns a unique portfolio of premium products and services for U.S. aesthetics practices, including the exclusive U.S. distribution rights to the RHA Collection of dermal fillers, the first and only range of FDA-approved fillers for correction of dynamic facial wrinkles and folds, and the HintMD fintech platform, which includes integrated smart payment, subscription and loyalty digital services. Revance has also partnered with Viatris (formerly Mylan N.V.) to develop a biosimilar to BOTOX, which would compete in the existing short-acting neuromodulator marketplace. Revance is dedicated to making a difference by transforming patient experiences. For more information or to join our team visit us at http://www.revance.com.
"Revance Therapeutics" and the Revance logo are registered trademarks of Revance Therapeutics, Inc.
Resilient Hyaluronic Acid and RHA are trademarks of TEOXANE SA.
BOTOX is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc.
Any statements in this press release that are not statements of historical fact, including statements about the results of the post-hoc analysis of the SAKURA Phase 3 clinical program, the effects on static or resting glabellar lines with the repeated treatment of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection, our ability to obtain, and the timing relating to, regulatory approval with respect to our drug product candidates, including with respect to DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection in glabellar lines and in therapeutic indications; the rate and degree of commercial acceptance, opportunity and growth potential of our product candidates, if approved; the growth opportunities available to the company; the process and timing of, and ability to complete, the current and anticipated future clinical development of our product candidates; the initiation, design, enrollment, submission, timing and results of our clinical studies, including with respect to the SAKURA Phase 3 clinical program; statements about our business strategy, timeline and other goals, plans and prospects, including our commercialization plans; and potential benefits of our drug product candidates and our technologies, constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. You should not rely upon forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot guarantee that the future results, levels of activity, performance, events, circumstances or achievements reflected in the forward-looking statements will ever be achieved or occur.
Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from our expectations. These risks and uncertainties relate, but are not limited to: the results, timing, costs, and completion of our research and development activities and regulatory approvals, including the continuing delay in the FDAs approval of the BLA for DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection for the treatment of glabellar lines; the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our manufacturing operations, supply chain, end user demand for our products, commercialization efforts, business operations, clinical trials and other aspects of our business; our ability to manufacture supplies for our product candidates and to acquire supplies of the RHA Collection of dermal fillers; the uncertain clinical development process; the risk that clinical trials may not have an effective design or generate positive results; the applicability of clinical study results to actual outcomes; the rate and degree of economic benefit, the safety, commercial acceptance and the market, competition, size and growth potential of the RHA Collection of dermal fillers, the HintMD fintech platform and our drug product candidates, if approved; our ability to successfully commercialize the RHA Collection of dermal fillers, the HintMD fintech platform and our drug product candidates, if approved, and the timing and cost of commercialization activities; our ability to develop sales and marketing capabilities; the status of commercial collaborations; our ability to obtain funding for our operations; our ability to continue obtaining and maintaining intellectual property protection for our drug product candidates; and our financial performance, including future revenue, expenses and capital requirements. Detailed information regarding factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from the results expressed or implied by statements in this press release may be found in our periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including factors described in the section entitled "Risks Factors" on our Form 10-K filed with the SEC on February 25, 2021 and including, without limitation, our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2021, filed with the SEC on August 5, 2021. The forward-looking statements in this press release speak only as of the date hereof. We disclaim any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Glogau S, Kontis TC, et al. Progressive Improvement in Static Glabellar Lines Following Repeated Treatment with DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection. Derm. Surg. August 16, 2021, Volume - Issue - doi: 10.1097/DSS.0000000000003211
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210901005187/en/
Media Revance Therapeutics, Inc.:Sara Fahy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Investors Revance Therapeutics, Inc.:Jessica Serra, 626-589-1007Jessica.email@example.com
Gilmartin Group, LLC.:Laurence Watts, firstname.lastname@example.org
Go here to see the original:
Revance Announces Publication of Results on Static Glabellar Lines With Repeated Treatment of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection From the SAKURA...
- Aesthetic Equipment Market: Rising incidences of obesity to drive the market - BioSpace - May 15th, 2022
- Blind cat and her partially-sighted brother need a loving home - Bromsgrove Advertiser - May 15th, 2022
- More than five million skin cancer cases are diagnosed each year. Here's how to help prevent it. - KENS5.com - May 15th, 2022
- Tarsus Presents Results of Two Studies Highlighting Demodex Blepharitis Patient Impact and Burden at the ASCRS 2022 Annual Meeting - Yahoo Finance - May 1st, 2022
- Someone shot him in the eye at a Chesterfield shopping center: 'Somebody needs to be held accountable' - CBS 6 News Richmond WTVR - May 1st, 2022
- Dog who underwent full facelift to help him see is now ready to find new home - The Mirror - May 1st, 2022
- Anti-Aging Therapies and Services Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Top Manufacturers and Forecast by 2029 themobility.club - themobility.club - May 1st, 2022
- Wrinkly dog plagued with skin and eye issues due to 'extreme breeding' - cumbriacrack.com - Cumbria Crack - April 18th, 2022
- Daxi, the New, Long-Lasting Neurotoxin, Is Awaiting FDA Approval Here's What Dermatologists Think - Allure - April 18th, 2022
- The Eye Health Tips You Need to Know for a Lifetime of Sharp Vision - Prevention Magazine - April 18th, 2022
- Plastic surgeons name BTS's V as the top celebrity that male patients want to look like - allkpop - April 18th, 2022
- Cancer: Itchy eyelid could be a sign of eye cancer - sufferers first noticeable symptom - Express - April 5th, 2022
- I splashed 800 to tackle my droopy eyelids but my face BALLOONED my son couldnt even look at me... - The US Sun - April 5th, 2022
- Computer vision syndrome, mask-associated dry eye & more with David Aizuss, MD - American Medical Association - April 5th, 2022
- My glass is definitely full Douglas Dr. Doug Heath, a beloved DJ, never stopped preaching the power of positive thinking - San Antonio Express-News - April 5th, 2022
- Tha Invests Further In UK With Latest Dry Eye Launch - HBW Insight - April 5th, 2022
- Slit Lamps Market: Increasing risk of cataracts among the diabetic population tp drive the market - BioSpace - April 5th, 2022
- How to Look Younger and Age Gracefully, According to Experts - Anti-Aging Tips - Prevention Magazine - April 5th, 2022
- How long is the laser eye surgery recovery time? - OCL Vision - March 25th, 2022
- What Eyedrops Are Best to Use After Cataract Surgery ... - March 25th, 2022
- Management of Severe Multifactorial Eyelid Ectropion With Lateral Tarsal Strip Procedure and Full-Thickness Skin Graft - Cureus - March 25th, 2022
- Beverly Hills MD announces the "Beverly Hills MD Flawless Eyes Collection" featuring Thick + Full Brow Enhancing Serum - PR Newswire - March 25th, 2022
- The 7 Biggest Plastic Surgery Trends of 2022 | Plastic Surgeons Predict the Most Popular Procedures - Allure - January 21st, 2022
- Eyelid Surgery, Botox and Fillers in Boston by Dr. Mitesh ... - January 21st, 2022
- Eye cancers blink and you'll miss them - Deniliquin Pastoral Times - January 21st, 2022
- AffaMed Therapeutics, licensee of DEXTENZA in Certain Asian Markets, Doses Their First Patient in Clinical Trial Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of... - January 21st, 2022
- Global Cosmetic Surgical Surgery and Procedure Market Size 2021 Trend and Opportunities Discovery Sports Media - Discovery Sports Media - January 21st, 2022
- Mum's charity challenge after toddler's lazy eye turned out to be brain tumour - The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald - January 21st, 2022
- Fixing Upper Eyelid Surgery Gone Wrong | Botched Upper ... - January 7th, 2022
- How to Fix a Droopy Eyelid without Surgery - 7 steps - January 7th, 2022
- Ophthalmic trauma: the top 100 cited articles in Ophthalmology journals | Eye - Nature.com - January 7th, 2022
- Pepper Pikes three newest council members take oath of office, are excited to get to work - cleveland.com - January 7th, 2022
- Botox Is More Popular Than Ever. Heres What You Should Know Before You Get It. - Robb Report - December 25th, 2021
- How to manage your eyelid bags: home remedies and surgery - Spire Healthcare - December 25th, 2021
- Spaceflight leads to brow elevation without affecting eyelid position: Study - Medical Dialogues - December 12th, 2021
- Innovative sleeping bag for the treatment of "squashed ice" syndrome associated with space travel - Amico Hoops - December 12th, 2021
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) - Better Health Channel - November 10th, 2021
- Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos ... - November 10th, 2021
- Home - Walton Eye Care - November 10th, 2021
- 53 Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures In Korea ... - November 10th, 2021
- Ocular Therapeutix Announces Success in Patent Appeal Brought by Mati Therapeutics, Inc. - Yahoo Finance - November 10th, 2021
- Your Jaw Is Going To Drop When You See Selena Gomezs Face Transformation - SheFinds - November 10th, 2021
- Your Jaw Is Going To Drop When You See Adeles Real Face - SheFinds - November 10th, 2021
- Column: The basics of plastic surgery | South Lake Tahoe - SouthTahoeNow.com - South Tahoe Now - November 10th, 2021
- Opioid Analgesics Sales to Grow by 1.7X through 2031 as the Demand for Post-Surgery Pain Management Continues to Rise: Future Market Insights - Yahoo... - October 30th, 2021
- Aesthetic plastic surgery practice offers the first and only FDA-approved injectable for cellulite - UpperMichigansSource.com - October 30th, 2021
- HIV retinopathy: Causes, symptoms, and more - Medical News Today - October 30th, 2021
- Anti Aging Products and Therapies Market 2021 Industry Analysis, Opportunity, Segmentation and Forecast to 2027 The Host - The Host - October 30th, 2021
- Wayne Linekers club sued by Love Island's Theo Campbell over champagne cork injury - The Mirror - October 30th, 2021
- Washington Woman Warns that Halloween Contact Lenses Almost Left Her Blind: 'a Nightmare' - PEOPLE - October 30th, 2021
- ASK AN OPHTHALMOLOGIST | EXPERT ADVICE - MAG THE WEEKLY - Mag The Weekly Magazine - October 18th, 2021
- Weve spent tens of thousands on surgery can you guess what weve had done and whose nip and tucks cost t... - The Sun - October 18th, 2021
- 'Sir David Attenborough doesnt look well its worrying' - concerned fans speak out - Daily Express - October 18th, 2021
- Frankel opens facial plastic surgery office in Mayfield Heights - Cleveland Jewish News - October 18th, 2021
- My face was MUMMIFIED after irreversible beauty treatment then my boyfriend DUMPED me as I look ancient... - The US Sun - October 18th, 2021
- Joan Collins sounds off on the Kardashians: 'There's an awful lot of surgery there' - Yahoo Life - October 6th, 2021
- Non-invasive eye surgery procedures to improve eyesight - Digital Journal - October 6th, 2021
- Dealing with dry eye in Arizona - KGUN - October 6th, 2021
- What is Rosacea? Experts Explain the Signs and Triggers - Prevention.com - October 6th, 2021
- Overproduction of tears and blocked ducts The major cause of Eye-watering says Dr. Aparna Ayyagari - APN News - October 6th, 2021
- Julia Morris just got an eyelid lift. Here's everything you need to know about the procedure. - Mamamia - September 2nd, 2021
- 3 Skincare Treatments Everyone is Talking About - StyleBlueprint - September 2nd, 2021
- Everyone Is Talking About This Viral Eye Cream for Bags - As Seen on TikTok - Newsweek - September 2nd, 2021
- Everything you need to know about botox - Times of India - September 2nd, 2021
- Exercises for droopy eyelids: What are they, and do they work? - Medical News Today - September 2nd, 2021
- Near Infrared Medical Imaging Market What Factors will drive the Market in Upcoming Years and How it is Going to Impact on Global Industry The... - August 21st, 2021
- Debris and Shrapnel Eye Injuries After Massive Beirut Explosion - MedPage Today - August 8th, 2021
- Ajaipal Kang, M.D.: What to know and do before having cosmetic surgery - GoErie.com - August 8th, 2021
- Global Single Use Ophthalmic Surgical Devices Market 2021 Growth, Latest Trend Analysis and Forecast 2027 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - July 24th, 2021
- Just a Little Prick: The Rise in Non-Invasive Male Cosmetic Procedures In an uncertain world - Men's health UK - July 24th, 2021
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Presents Scientific Data Validating Improved Surgical Outcomes With Latest Cataract Innovations And Legacy MGD Treatment... - July 24th, 2021
- Big Plastic Surgery Increase from 2015 to 2019 Underscores Normalization of Aesthetic Enhancements, says Beverly Hills Physicians - WFMZ Allentown - July 24th, 2021
- Dry eyes and floaters: Causes, treatment, and seeking help - Medical News Today - July 24th, 2021
- Did Joel Osteen get plastic surgery? Pastor once confirmed he wants to 'look good' - MEAWW - July 24th, 2021
- Admitting to myself Im losing my vision has been hard. Admitting it to other people has been harder - The Globe and Mail - July 24th, 2021
- Protect eyes at higher elevation | SteamboatToday.com - Steamboat Pilot and Today - July 9th, 2021
- How To Ensure You Stay On Top Of Your Wellness Game Even At Home - Femina - July 9th, 2021
- Having These 3 Facial Features Gets You Ahead At Work, Says Study - YourTango - July 9th, 2021
- Firefighter who had the worlds most extensive face transplant says hed run into the blaze again five yea... - The US Sun - July 9th, 2021
- Yes, Eyebrow Dandruff Is RealHere's How to Treat It The Healthy - msnNOW - July 9th, 2021