FROM Tom Cruises puffy filler face to Linda Evangelistas dodgy fat freezing its easy to see when cosmetic treatments have gone awry.
But what about when they are done well?
Most of us would be none the wiser if a colleague or friend had a subtle nip here or a tuck there.
Its hard to tell these four women have spent tens of thousands on cosmetic treatments. They have gone under the knife for different reasons breast enlargement, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery and a full body overhaul, including liposuction, a tummy tuck and bum lift.
Actress Jamie Lee Curtis, 62, recently slammed the cosmetic surgery craze saying: The current trend of fillers and procedures, and this obsession with filtering, and the things that we do to adjust our appearance on Zoom are wiping out generations of beauty.
These women, who have all struggled with low self-esteem, dont all agree with Jamie Lee.
Read on to find out why Jade, Nicola, Donna and Sarah decided to have surgery and what they had done.
SARAH BLAKE, 44, is a writer and lives with her mum Trudy, 67, in the Ribble Valley, Lancs. She spent 6,000 on an eyelid lift in June 2019. She says:
"When I think about ageing, it gives me panic attacks, which is why I decided to get my eyelids lifted. I wanted to look younger.
I would look at other women and see how nicely their eyeshadow looked whereas mine just sunk into the creases of my eyelids. I was jealous and self-conscious of how tired I looked.
So I researched it extensively and opted for surgery that involved snipping the lids and pulling them back under general anaesthetic. But immediately afterwards I was hit with a terrible depression. My face looked battered and bruised and I suffered nerve damage. It was a really hard recovery, which lasted months.
My life hadnt changed the way Id wanted it to, and the fact was, I was still in my 40s. Now, Im happy with my surgery. However, it hasnt changed how I feel inside I still dread the ageing process. I get Botox too, but with every fine line that appears on my forehead, my heart sinks.
Despite how hard recovery was, I wouldnt necessarily rule out any more surgery. But I would go into it aware that it is a major operation and not a straightforward life fix."
SECURITY worker Nicola Turner, 35, lives in Basildon, Essex, with her partner, Luke, 36, a builder, and daughter, Violet, seven. She had breast augmentation in 2010. She says:
"Im proud to admit Ive had a boob job. I feel no shame at all and love flaunting my 32H breasts in low-cut tops and skimpy dresses.
I had the surgery when I was 24 at a private clinic in London after making 3,500 pawning gold jewellery my mum had got me as a teen.
It wasnt really a big deal. I only decided to get them done around six weeks earlier and the operation, where I had implants inserted over my muscle, was straightforward and the recovery was easy.
The jewellery didnt have much sentimental value and my new boobs which Im getting replaced next year as theyre starting to droop have given me much more joy.
Im just under 6ft and I thought my previous 34C breasts were too small. I was embarrassed about how I looked in dresses and tight tops.
Blokes have never said anything critical about my implants, although they do admit they feel a bit harder than natural breasts.
I dont tend to think about the fact that Ive had my boobs done. I only remember when I put on a tight-fitting dress or skimpy crossover top and I realise how much I love them."
MARKETING and mindset coach Jade Dover, 33, lives in Rainham, Kent, with her children Selyena, nine, and Safiye, five. She spent 5,500 on a nose job in May 2009. She says:
At school, I was bullied for my wonky nose. Girls would call me hook nose they were so vicious. It shattered my self-esteem.
If a man came over to me in a club and started chatting me up I always assumed it was for some sort of dare and his mates would be laughing.
In 2009, after I finished my teaching degree, I started saving up for a 5,500 nose job, which I had in May of that year. I knew I would need to get a job and the thought of sitting in interviews with a wonky nose really worried me. My surgery lasted a few hours and took place under general anaesthetic. The surgeon broke my nose, reshaped it, filed the bump down and lifted the tip.
A few weeks later when the bandages were removed, I loved my new nose. My family and friends could see the difference it made, not just to my appearance but to my confidence.
In my job I try to improve peoples self-esteem and I believe it is something that must come from within.
But I dont feel like Ive cheated. My nose was something I hated, so I fixed it. However, I wont be getting any more surgery."
DONNA LAMBERT, 34, is a stay-at-home mum who lives in Wickford, Essex, with her children Beau, seven, and Amelie, five. Shes spent 12,500 on a full body overhaul. She says:
"My mummy makeover consists of a 5,500 boob job and 7,000 lower body lift, which includes tummy tuck, muscle repair, buttock lift, liposuction, arm lift and mons lift (where you have your pubic area lifted).
"Id never liked my body. In my mid-20s I was 17st and by 2017, thanks to the gym, Id lost 3st. But I was still so miserable, thinking my boobs were flat and my skin saggy.
"I had my boob job in 2017 and I was over the moon with my new super-sized pair. Then I wanted my saggy skin sorting out.
I had the full body lift in 2020, but this time I flew to Turkey. If Id had the equivalent surgery in the UK it would have cost 17,000.
It went really well, but I lost a lot of blood and had to have a blood transfusion. Still, I dont regret it.
My partner at the time put both surgeries on a credit card, but I paid him back in monthly instalments from my savings.
I was really unconfident about how I looked before and would never go out in tight dresses something I love doing now.
Its given me a confidence boost and thats priceless."
See the original post:
Weve spent tens of thousands on surgery can you guess what weve had done and whose nip and tucks cost t... - The Sun
- Aesthetic Equipment Market: Rising incidences of obesity to drive the market - BioSpace - May 15th, 2022
- Blind cat and her partially-sighted brother need a loving home - Bromsgrove Advertiser - May 15th, 2022
- More than five million skin cancer cases are diagnosed each year. Here's how to help prevent it. - KENS5.com - May 15th, 2022
- Tarsus Presents Results of Two Studies Highlighting Demodex Blepharitis Patient Impact and Burden at the ASCRS 2022 Annual Meeting - Yahoo Finance - May 1st, 2022
- Someone shot him in the eye at a Chesterfield shopping center: 'Somebody needs to be held accountable' - CBS 6 News Richmond WTVR - May 1st, 2022
- Dog who underwent full facelift to help him see is now ready to find new home - The Mirror - May 1st, 2022
- Anti-Aging Therapies and Services Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Top Manufacturers and Forecast by 2029 themobility.club - themobility.club - May 1st, 2022
- Wrinkly dog plagued with skin and eye issues due to 'extreme breeding' - cumbriacrack.com - Cumbria Crack - April 18th, 2022
- Daxi, the New, Long-Lasting Neurotoxin, Is Awaiting FDA Approval Here's What Dermatologists Think - Allure - April 18th, 2022
- The Eye Health Tips You Need to Know for a Lifetime of Sharp Vision - Prevention Magazine - April 18th, 2022
- Plastic surgeons name BTS's V as the top celebrity that male patients want to look like - allkpop - April 18th, 2022
- Cancer: Itchy eyelid could be a sign of eye cancer - sufferers first noticeable symptom - Express - April 5th, 2022
- I splashed 800 to tackle my droopy eyelids but my face BALLOONED my son couldnt even look at me... - The US Sun - April 5th, 2022
- Computer vision syndrome, mask-associated dry eye & more with David Aizuss, MD - American Medical Association - April 5th, 2022
- My glass is definitely full Douglas Dr. Doug Heath, a beloved DJ, never stopped preaching the power of positive thinking - San Antonio Express-News - April 5th, 2022
- Tha Invests Further In UK With Latest Dry Eye Launch - HBW Insight - April 5th, 2022
- Slit Lamps Market: Increasing risk of cataracts among the diabetic population tp drive the market - BioSpace - April 5th, 2022
- How to Look Younger and Age Gracefully, According to Experts - Anti-Aging Tips - Prevention Magazine - April 5th, 2022
- How long is the laser eye surgery recovery time? - OCL Vision - March 25th, 2022
- What Eyedrops Are Best to Use After Cataract Surgery ... - March 25th, 2022
- Management of Severe Multifactorial Eyelid Ectropion With Lateral Tarsal Strip Procedure and Full-Thickness Skin Graft - Cureus - March 25th, 2022
- Beverly Hills MD announces the "Beverly Hills MD Flawless Eyes Collection" featuring Thick + Full Brow Enhancing Serum - PR Newswire - March 25th, 2022
- The 7 Biggest Plastic Surgery Trends of 2022 | Plastic Surgeons Predict the Most Popular Procedures - Allure - January 21st, 2022
- Eyelid Surgery, Botox and Fillers in Boston by Dr. Mitesh ... - January 21st, 2022
- Eye cancers blink and you'll miss them - Deniliquin Pastoral Times - January 21st, 2022
- AffaMed Therapeutics, licensee of DEXTENZA in Certain Asian Markets, Doses Their First Patient in Clinical Trial Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of... - January 21st, 2022
- Global Cosmetic Surgical Surgery and Procedure Market Size 2021 Trend and Opportunities Discovery Sports Media - Discovery Sports Media - January 21st, 2022
- Mum's charity challenge after toddler's lazy eye turned out to be brain tumour - The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald - January 21st, 2022
- Fixing Upper Eyelid Surgery Gone Wrong | Botched Upper ... - January 7th, 2022
- How to Fix a Droopy Eyelid without Surgery - 7 steps - January 7th, 2022
- Ophthalmic trauma: the top 100 cited articles in Ophthalmology journals | Eye - Nature.com - January 7th, 2022
- Pepper Pikes three newest council members take oath of office, are excited to get to work - cleveland.com - January 7th, 2022
- Botox Is More Popular Than Ever. Heres What You Should Know Before You Get It. - Robb Report - December 25th, 2021
- How to manage your eyelid bags: home remedies and surgery - Spire Healthcare - December 25th, 2021
- Spaceflight leads to brow elevation without affecting eyelid position: Study - Medical Dialogues - December 12th, 2021
- Innovative sleeping bag for the treatment of "squashed ice" syndrome associated with space travel - Amico Hoops - December 12th, 2021
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) - Better Health Channel - November 10th, 2021
- Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery Before And After Photos ... - November 10th, 2021
- Home - Walton Eye Care - November 10th, 2021
- 53 Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures In Korea ... - November 10th, 2021
- Ocular Therapeutix Announces Success in Patent Appeal Brought by Mati Therapeutics, Inc. - Yahoo Finance - November 10th, 2021
- Your Jaw Is Going To Drop When You See Selena Gomezs Face Transformation - SheFinds - November 10th, 2021
- Your Jaw Is Going To Drop When You See Adeles Real Face - SheFinds - November 10th, 2021
- Column: The basics of plastic surgery | South Lake Tahoe - SouthTahoeNow.com - South Tahoe Now - November 10th, 2021
- Opioid Analgesics Sales to Grow by 1.7X through 2031 as the Demand for Post-Surgery Pain Management Continues to Rise: Future Market Insights - Yahoo... - October 30th, 2021
- Aesthetic plastic surgery practice offers the first and only FDA-approved injectable for cellulite - UpperMichigansSource.com - October 30th, 2021
- HIV retinopathy: Causes, symptoms, and more - Medical News Today - October 30th, 2021
- Anti Aging Products and Therapies Market 2021 Industry Analysis, Opportunity, Segmentation and Forecast to 2027 The Host - The Host - October 30th, 2021
- Wayne Linekers club sued by Love Island's Theo Campbell over champagne cork injury - The Mirror - October 30th, 2021
- Washington Woman Warns that Halloween Contact Lenses Almost Left Her Blind: 'a Nightmare' - PEOPLE - October 30th, 2021
- ASK AN OPHTHALMOLOGIST | EXPERT ADVICE - MAG THE WEEKLY - Mag The Weekly Magazine - October 18th, 2021
- 'Sir David Attenborough doesnt look well its worrying' - concerned fans speak out - Daily Express - October 18th, 2021
- Frankel opens facial plastic surgery office in Mayfield Heights - Cleveland Jewish News - October 18th, 2021
- My face was MUMMIFIED after irreversible beauty treatment then my boyfriend DUMPED me as I look ancient... - The US Sun - October 18th, 2021
- Joan Collins sounds off on the Kardashians: 'There's an awful lot of surgery there' - Yahoo Life - October 6th, 2021
- Non-invasive eye surgery procedures to improve eyesight - Digital Journal - October 6th, 2021
- Dealing with dry eye in Arizona - KGUN - October 6th, 2021
- What is Rosacea? Experts Explain the Signs and Triggers - Prevention.com - October 6th, 2021
- Overproduction of tears and blocked ducts The major cause of Eye-watering says Dr. Aparna Ayyagari - APN News - October 6th, 2021
- Julia Morris just got an eyelid lift. Here's everything you need to know about the procedure. - Mamamia - September 2nd, 2021
- 3 Skincare Treatments Everyone is Talking About - StyleBlueprint - September 2nd, 2021
- Everyone Is Talking About This Viral Eye Cream for Bags - As Seen on TikTok - Newsweek - September 2nd, 2021
- Everything you need to know about botox - Times of India - September 2nd, 2021
- Exercises for droopy eyelids: What are they, and do they work? - Medical News Today - September 2nd, 2021
- Revance Announces Publication of Results on Static Glabellar Lines With Repeated Treatment of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection From the SAKURA... - September 2nd, 2021
- Near Infrared Medical Imaging Market What Factors will drive the Market in Upcoming Years and How it is Going to Impact on Global Industry The... - August 21st, 2021
- Debris and Shrapnel Eye Injuries After Massive Beirut Explosion - MedPage Today - August 8th, 2021
- Ajaipal Kang, M.D.: What to know and do before having cosmetic surgery - GoErie.com - August 8th, 2021
- Global Single Use Ophthalmic Surgical Devices Market 2021 Growth, Latest Trend Analysis and Forecast 2027 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - July 24th, 2021
- Just a Little Prick: The Rise in Non-Invasive Male Cosmetic Procedures In an uncertain world - Men's health UK - July 24th, 2021
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Presents Scientific Data Validating Improved Surgical Outcomes With Latest Cataract Innovations And Legacy MGD Treatment... - July 24th, 2021
- Big Plastic Surgery Increase from 2015 to 2019 Underscores Normalization of Aesthetic Enhancements, says Beverly Hills Physicians - WFMZ Allentown - July 24th, 2021
- Dry eyes and floaters: Causes, treatment, and seeking help - Medical News Today - July 24th, 2021
- Did Joel Osteen get plastic surgery? Pastor once confirmed he wants to 'look good' - MEAWW - July 24th, 2021
- Admitting to myself Im losing my vision has been hard. Admitting it to other people has been harder - The Globe and Mail - July 24th, 2021
- Protect eyes at higher elevation | SteamboatToday.com - Steamboat Pilot and Today - July 9th, 2021
- How To Ensure You Stay On Top Of Your Wellness Game Even At Home - Femina - July 9th, 2021
- Having These 3 Facial Features Gets You Ahead At Work, Says Study - YourTango - July 9th, 2021
- Firefighter who had the worlds most extensive face transplant says hed run into the blaze again five yea... - The US Sun - July 9th, 2021
- Yes, Eyebrow Dandruff Is RealHere's How to Treat It The Healthy - msnNOW - July 9th, 2021